An increasing number of citizens are using craigslist and other advertising publications to buy, sell or trade items. To facilitate a growing need in our town, the Windsor Police Department has made two locations available at the police station where citizens can meet to buy, sell, trade or otherwise exchange items.
The Windsor Police Department is located at 200 N. 11th Street. Each of these locations is under video surveillance.
- The police department lobby is available for use Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays.
- The front parking lot is open for exchanges 24 hours a day seven days a week.
The Police Department will not provide any personnel, security, or act as witnesses to exchanges made at these locations. No legal advice or opinions of value, worth, authenticity or legitimacy will be provided regarding any transactions. Transactions involving weapons, drugs or illegal items are not permitted. While the location will provide a known environment for exchanges there are no guarantees.
Here are some additional tips to help in making these transactions.
- Do not go to a transaction area alone.
- Make sure that someone is aware to the transaction details.
- Do not get into someone else’s vehicle
- Complete transactions during daylight hours if possible.
- Decide before hand the best way to pay for the transaction.
- If you feel it may be a scam, it probably is.