Windsor is an attractive, growing community that still retains its small town qualities. The Windsor Police Department is responsible for providing police service to a population of 24,000, covering 24.6 square miles and over 125 miles of roadway within the Town of Windsor.
The Windsor Police Department consists of 40 sworn officers—The Chief of Police, two Lieutenants, six Sergeants, four Investigators, two School Resource Officers, and 23 Patrol Officers. Four Community Service Officers two Traffic Safety Officers and four civilians complete the employee duty roster and are tasked with enforcing the Town’s Municipal Codes.
Our police officers serve the community under a Community Oriented Policing philosophy. Our goal is to achieve community goodwill through proactive patrol, enforcing the law where necessary and provide instruction, compassion and counseling when appropriate to the situation.
Call 911 for Emergency
Opt. 1 - Dispatch
Opt. 2 - Records/Admin.
Opt. 3 - Property/Evidence
Opt. 4 - Code Enforcement
Opt. 5 - Traffic Safety Unit
200 N. 11th St.
Windsor, CO 80550
Administrative Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- 21 years of age.
- A United States Citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be POST Certified, Certifiable, or a currently employed Officer of another State.
- Pass a thorough, comprehensive background interview and investigation.
- Must successfully complete the physical, psychological and drug testing requirements. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Salary Step Plan. (effective Jan. 2018)
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision. A FPPA Pension, 401(a) plans and 457 plan.
- Currently Officers work defined 10 hour shifts, with 4 day workweeks.
- Special assignments: Bike patrol, Investigations, CET Team, SRO and many overtime events. Also opportunities for instructor certifications are available. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
There are currently no openings. We still accept applications for future hire and hold the application for up to 6 months.