The Future of Jacoby Farm
The Farm’s History
Jacoby Farm is located on 15th Street, north of the Greeley No. 2 Canal, and is home to Windsor’s oldest building, the Halfway House. Built in 1873, the Halfway House served as a resting place for travelers between Greeley and Fort Collins.
For more information on the history of Jacoby Farm, read Steven G. Fancy’s “Windsor’s Oldest Building: The 1873 Halfway House.”
About the Process
The Jacoby Farm property is set to be conveyed to the Town of Windsor at a future date.
Over the course of the next several months, the town will work to develop a vision for the site. Working with Vireo, a planning and design firm, the town looks to develop plans for the site with the community, including identifying amenities and improvements.
Please note, the Jacoby Farm site is currently private property and does not belong to the Town of Windsor. The town asks that individuals interested in the park master planning process be respectful of the current landowners and stay off of the private property.
- August 31- September 30: Survey — An online survey was available to gather community input on the future of the site.
- September 14: Open House — Town staff hosted an open house from 6-8 p.m. at the Art & Heritage Center to answer questions and gather community input on the site’s future.
- November 20 - December 1: Survey — An online survey will be available to gather community input on potential concepts based on community feedback from the first survey.
- December 5: Presentation — Presentation to the Parks, Recreation & Culture Advisory Board at its regularly scheduled meeting, 7 p.m. at the Community Recreation Center.
- First Quarter 2018: Presentation — Tentative presentation to Windsor Town Board.