The Economic Development Department exists to diversify, grow and strengthen the local Windsor economy. Main objectives are to expand the primary employment base and secure retail and service opportunities for residents and industries.
• Acting as the town liaison and ombudsman/business advocate between the town and local industry
• Facilitating, developing and coordinating business development programs to support, retain, expand industry
• Recruit and market to new businesses to enhance local economy and diversity of services and products
• Develops policy and procedures; Creates/encourages positive public/community
relations and advocates for local businesses
• Responding to any general business attraction or business retention & expansion
economic development requests
• Providing on-going customized assistance from the town and partnering organizations
Business Resource Guide
Part of the Economic Development Department's role is to help in the start of new businesses in the Town of Windsor. We have created the Small Business Resource Guide to help with information and guidance in starting a new business. As always, we are here to answer any questions or to possibly help your work through your ideas in regards to your new business.