Saturday, Dec. 3, Noon - 5:00 pm
The Town of Windsor and the Windsor Chamber of Commerce will hold their annual holiday celebration, “Windsor Wonderland,” from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, free to the public.
Windsor Wonderland will kick off with the arrival of Santa. Great Western Railway will bring Santa from the North Pole by train, arriving at noon at the intersection of 5th Street and Ash Street. After his arrival, Santa will be available for pictures at the Art & Heritage Center, 116 N. 5th Street.
The celebration will include a host of holiday activities, including hay rack rides a petting zoo, carolers, dance demonstrations, hot chocolate, and much more at Boardwalk Park. Downtown businesses will be open for holiday shopping during the celebration.
At sunset, the community is invited to gather at Boardwalk Park to enjoy a tree lighting ceremony and caroling in front of the historic Windsor Train Depot Museum.
The complete schedule for the day includes:
- Noon — Santa’s arrival by train at the 5th Street and Ash Street crossing
- Noon - 1 p.m. — Paul Maley holiday music in front of the Art & Heritage Center
- Noon - 4 p.m. — Pictures with Santa inside the Art & Heritage Center
- Noon - 4:45 p.m.
- Hay rack rides around Boardwalk Park
- Coffee, cocoa and cookies at Pikes Auto Care Center
- Holiday photo booth at Pikes Auto Care Center
- S’mores by the Boardwalk Park bell
- Snowball fight on the Train Depot Museum lawn at Boardwalk Park
- Storytime with the Clearview Library District at Boardwalk Park (12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30)
- Petting zoo, corn box and teeter totter at Boardwalk Park
- Fire truck, REA bucket truck, bookmobile and vendors along north 5th Street
- Holiday crafts and letters to Santa in the Train Depot Museum at Boardwalk Park
- 1-2 p.m. — Windsor Cheer and Dance Team presentations at Boardwalk Park
- 2-4 p.m. — Choice City Singers Caroling Group caroling around Boardwalk Park
- 4:30-5 p.m. — Charity Pike holiday music at the Train Depot Museum tree
- 4:45 p.m. — Tree lighting by Mayor Kristie Melendez in front of the Train Depot Museum
Windsor Wonderland is sponsored by the Town of Windsor, Windsor Chamber of Commerce, EnviroPest, Kaiser Permanente, Allstate, Alpine Vision, Bank of Colorado, Colorado Christian University, Columbine Health Systems, CRCRFS, Dairy Farmers of America, Windsor Downtown Development Authority, Elevate Chiropractic, Extraction Oil & Gas, Great Western Railway Company, United Site Services, Pikes Auto Care Center, Water Valley, Windsor Now, Dunkin Donuts, Traverse Christian Church, and the Poudre Valley REA.
Interested in sponsoring this event?
For more information about Windsor Wonderland, please contact the Event Coordinator.