Special Event Planning
Whether you’re planning a parade, a festival, a 5K run or just a neighborhood block party, the Town of Windsor, CO would like to help you make your event possible. Some events need a permit, for example, if you are requesting a street closure, or planning to serve or sell alcohol. Other events can make use of a pavilion rental in one of Windsor's parks, or just show up in a park and have fun.
The best place to start the Special Event Application process is by downloading the Special Event Guidelines. Here you will find the answers to all your questions relating to hosting a special event in Windsor, CO.
Do I Need a Permit for My Event?
Answering a few simple questions will help you determine if you need to apply for a Special Event Permit:
If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, you will most likely need to apply for and obtain a Special Event Permit.
Events in Windsor are assigned a fee based on several factors, including attendance, duration of alcohol service (if applicable) and impacts to the community. All events will also pay a $250 refundable damage deposit. Please refer to the Special Event Guidelines for fees related to your event.
If you are planning an event, your special event application, with all fees, must be submitted no later than 60 days before your event. Larger events or events requesting a Town sponsorship will need additional time, so please plan accordingly.
Shelter and Facility RentalsPark shelters, pavilions and the Community Recreation Center are managed by the Customer Service Supervisor at (970) 674-3502. To rent the Art & Heritage Center, please contact Luke Bolinger.
The Application Process
- Fill out a Special Event Application.
- Submission of the following will put your event on the events calendar, but does not guarantee approval of your event:
- Applicant and Sponsoring Organization Information (FORM #1)
- Event Details & Summary (FORM #2)
- Special Event Rules and Regulations (FORM #3)
- $25 application processing fee
- $250 refundable deposit
- Complete and submit remaining forms depending on your specific event AND all fees no later than 60 days before your event.
- Your event is not approved until all required forms are submitted, all fees paid, and you have received notification of approval for your event. You will be notified no more than 15 working days after the application is submitted if additional information is needed.
- Once your application is reviewed by all departments and approved, a permit for your event will be issued by the Special Event Supervisor.
Special Event Planning Resources
- Site Plan - You must submit a site plan with your Special Event Application, you may use any of the following maps to help design your layout.
Other Helpful Forms
- Application for a Special Events Permit
- Liquor Licensing Application Deadlines
- WSFR Tent Policies
- Tax Report Worksheet (Excel)
- Colorado Guidelines for Temporary Food Establishments
Town of Windsor Standard Sponsorship Packages
The Town of Windsor will consider supporting certain events through fee waivers or in-kind services. All events are considered on a case by case basis and must be approved through Town Board.