Birthday Party Guidelines:
- The party host may enter the party room fifteen minutes prior to the start of your party. Birthday party guests must use specified room for the specified time and date
- Party rentals must be made at least two weeks in advance. All fees are due at time of request. Rental reservations are handled exclusively by the Windsor Community Recreation Center.
- Cancellations or changes must be made to the scheduling office at least seven days prior to the event date. Cancellations made seven days or more in advance will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than seven days in advance will not receive a refund and will forfeit their entire fee.
- You are responsible for all attendees at your event.
- No tape, tacks, wires, screws or other objects leaving holes or marks are allowed to be used on walls, floors, ceilings or furniture. Glitter or confetti is not allowed. Balloons are not allowed in the lobby or pool area.
- Guests are responsible for picking up any trash on the tables and disposing in the trash receptacles provided. The host will be charged for any extraordinary cleanup or damages incurred during the event.
- Outside food is allowed up to and including cakes, pizza etc. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the building.
Friday: 4:50 - 6 p.m., 6:20 - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:50 - 11 a.m., 10:20 - 11:30 a.m., 11:20 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 11:50 a.m. - 1 p.m., 12:50 - 2 p.m., 1:20 - 2:30 p.m.,
2:20 - 3:30 p.m.
Sunday: 12:20 - 1:30 p.m., 12:50 - 2 p.m., 1:50 - 3 p.m., 2:20 - 3:30 p.m., 3:20 - 4:30 p.m.*, 3:50 - 5 p.m.*
*Group must swim before party
$110 Includes the use of the Party Room for one hour and use of the aquatic facility for the day for up to 30 guests, including anyone who enters the pool area. Reserve your party here.
- Children under the age of 9 must be with an adult at all times in the facility.
- When utilizing the aquatic facility there is a 1:3 ratio of adult to children at all times.
- Children 6 and under must be within an arm’s reach of a guardian 16 years or older.
- Please take note of our pool hours and plan your swimming time accordingly.
- There is no food, drink or gum on the pool deck. Space is limited - please plan to utilize our lockers or store your party supplies in your vehicle.
Saturday: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 2 - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 1 - 3 p.m.
Room Only (Oak Room): $50
Critter Celebration: Additional $50
Experiment Extravaganza: Additional $15 per child
Includes use of the Party Room for two hours for up to ten kids.
Please call 970-674-3502 to
Critter Celebrations(1 hour)
Choose any 3 of the animals to visit with and learn interesting facts.
2. Bearded dragon
4. Leopard gecko
5. Ball python snake
Experiment extravaganza:(1 hour) ($15 per child, minimum of ten children)
* = experiments which are best suited to children 7 years and over
- *Owl Pellets - Owls eat a variety of fast food, and mostly rodents on the run! We will pick apart owl pellets (regurgitated and heat-sterilized fur, feathers and bones) to discover what they have been dining on. ($2.00 per child supply fee for pellet purchase.)
- *Acid or Base? - Learn about chemistry at its most colorful! Participants will use red cabbage juice to determine if mystery food products are acidic or basic.
- *Acid-Base Reaction - The group will start off with the classic vinegar-baking soda “volcano”. We will then experiment with different food items to decide if they are acidic/basic based on the reaction.
- Magnets Abound - Magnets are used frequently in our everyday lives. We will look at how magnets work, and some unexpected places they can be found.
- Sharpie Marker Tie-dye Shirts - Groups will make their own tie-dye shirts using permanent markers and rubbing alcohol. (There is an extra supply fee for t-shirts unless provided by the party host/guests.)
- *Elephant Toothpaste and Other Foamy Things - Participants will explore a few ways to make some household items foam and fizz.
- Color Creation - Each child will have the opportunity to use scientific equipment to create the colors of the rainbow.
- Insect Exploration - Looking for some action? We will take a hike around the building to explore the smallest creatures that are on the move in our town.
- Fun Foods - You aren’t usually supposed to play with your food…but not with this experiment! Participants will play with some unique foods to see what they can do besides fuel our bodies. (Please note ahead of time any food allergies of guests.)
- *Polymers - Molecules come in all sizes. In this experiment we examine a selection of long-chain molecules and their uses.
- *Building a Comet - Outer space is too expensive for a birthday, but we can bring a little of our solar system to earth! Using dry ice and several other ingredients, children will build their own comet.
- *Newton’s Big Idea - Put objects into motion and discover the fun of physics. Each child will build their own pendulum, which they will get to keep. ($1.50/child supply fee for pendulum supplies.)
- Mentos Explosion - A short but entertaining experiment that can be added on to any birthday, just $15 for every ten children. The weather must be nice for this experiment, as it is an outdoor activity.