Birthday Party Guidelines:
- Birthday party room rentals may only use specified room for the specified day and time. The party host will be able to enter the party room 15 minutes prior to the start of your party.
- Party rentals must be made at least 2 weeks in advance. All fees are due at time of request. Rental reservations are handled only at the Community Recreation Center.
- Cancellations, or changes must be made to the scheduling office at least 7 days prior to the scheduled date. Cancellations made 7 days or more will receive a full refund. Cancellations less than 7 days will not receive a refund and will forfeit entire fee.
- You are responsible for all attendees at your event.
- NO tape, tacks, wires, screws or other objects leaving holes or marks are to be used on walls, floors, ceilings or furniture. Glitter or confetti is not allowed. Balloons are not allowed in the lobby or pool area.
- You are responsible for picking up any trash on the tables and disposing in the trash receptacles provided. You will be charged for any extraordinary cleanup or damages incurred during your event.
- Outside food is allowed up to and including cakes, pizza etc. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the building.
Friday: 5:00-6:00 PM, 6:30-7:30PM
Saturday: 10:00-11:00AM, 10:30 -11:30AM, 11:30AM-12:30PM, 12:00-1:00PM, 1:00-2:00PM, 1:30-2:30PM, 2:30-3:30PM
Sunday: 12:30-1:30PM, 1:00-2:00PM, 2:00-3:00PM, 2:30-3:30PM, 3:30-4:30PM, 4:00-5:00PM
$110 Includes the use of the Party Room for one hour and use of the aquatic facility for the day for up to 30 guests.
reserve your party here
- Children under the age of 9 must be with an adult at all times in the facility.
- When utilizing the aquatic facility there is a 1:3 adult to children ratio at all times.
- Children under the age of 6 must be within an arm’s reach of a guardian 16 years or older
- Please take note of our pool hours and plan your swimming time accordingly.
- There is no food, drink or gum on the pool deck. Space is limited - please plan to utilize our lockers or store your party supplies in your vehicle.
Saturday: 11:00AM - 1:00PM or 2:00 - 4:00PM
Critter Celebration: Additional $45
Experiment Extravaganza: Additional $75
Includes use of the Party Room for two hours for up to 10 kids.
Please call 970-674-3502 to
Critter Celebrations(1 hour)
Choose any 3 of the animals to visit with and learn interesting facts.
2. Bearded dragon
4. Leopard gecko
5. Ball python snake
Experiment extravaganza:(1 hour) (+$5 per additional child participant above 10 participants)
(§)= experiments which are best suited to children 7 years and over
- (§)Owl Pellets- Owls eat a variety of fast food (mostly rodent on the run!) We will pick apart owl pellets (regurgitated fur, feathers and bones. These are heat sterilized, in case you’re wondering…) to discover what they have been dining on. (There is a $2.00/child supply fee for pellet purchase.)
- (§)Acid or Base?- Chemistry at its most colorful. We will use red cabbage juice to determine if our mystery food product is acidic or basic.
- (§)Acid-Base Reaction- The group will start off with the classic vinegar-baking soda “volcano”. We will then experiment with different food items to decide if they are acidic/basic based on the reaction.
- Magnets Abound- Magnets are used frequently in our everyday lives. We will look at how magnets work, and some unexpected places they can be found.
- Sharpie Marker Tie-dye Shirts- The group will make their own tie-dye shirts using permanent markers and rubbing alcohol. (There is an extra supply fee for t-shirts unless provided by the party host/guests.)
- (§)Elephant Toothpaste and Other Foamy Things- We will explore a few ways to make some household items foam and fizz.
- Color Creation- Each child will have the opportunity to use scientific equipment to create the colors of the rainbow.
- Insect Exploration- Looking for some action? We will take a hike around the building to explore the smallest creatures that are on the move in our town. (This is an outdoor activity, involving critters who like warm temperatures and sunny skies.)
- Fun Foods- You aren’t supposed to play with your food… except for during this experiment. We will play with some unique foods to see what they can do besides fuel our bodies. (Please note ahead of time any food allergies of guests.)
- (§)Polymers- Molecules come in all sizes. We will examine a selection of long-chain molecules and their uses.
- (§)Building a Comet- Outer space is too expensive for a birthday, but we can bring a little of our solar system to earth… and in a safer way than waiting for a comet to crash! Using dry ice and several other ingredients we will build our own comet.
- (§)Newton’s Big Idea- We will play with some items by putting them into motion. Each child will build their own pendulum, which they will get to keep. ($1.50/child supply fee for pendulum supplies.)
- *Mentos Explosion*- A short but fun experiment that can be added on to any birthday for $3.00. The weather must be nice for this experiment as it is an outdoor activity.