Transportation Master Plan
The Windsor Town Board will be considering adoption of the Windsor Draft Transportation Master Plan on Monday, March 23 at 7 p.m. This is Windsor's first multi-modal transportation master plan and is the result of numerous outreach events and meetings with the general public, stakeholders, Planning Commission and Town Board.
Windsor’s growing economic base, location, and high quality of life have attracted a substantial amount of residential and commercial development over recent years. This growth has resulted in changes in transportation needs and a desire to ensure short-term action and a long-term vision for transportation. During the Summer of 2019, Windsor's staff worked with a team of transportation consultants to research and collect input from residents and business owners to help develop a master plan that will serve as a guiding document for the future of transportation throughout the Town of Windsor.
The goal is to develop a framework for a balanced multi-modal transportation network addressing the Windsor’s transportation needs and opportunities, building upon Windsor’s existing transportation system.
Windsor’s Transportation Master Plan will:
- Form a vision for multi-modal transportation in the long-term
- Identify implementable, high priority action items for the short-term
- Build off the 2017 Roadway Improvement Plan
- Supplement the Roadway improvement Plan with multi-modal analysis and recommendations
- Designate a connected, efficient, and comfortable network for bicycling, walking and vehicles
- Prioritize certain modes in corridors where all modes may not be viable.
There are several documents that have already provided information valuable to the Master Planning process including:
- 2017 Roadway Improvement Plan (PDF)
- Northern Colorado Regional Transit Study (PDF)
- Parks, Recreation and Culture Master Plan (PDF)
- July 22, 2019 Presentation to Town Board (PDF)
The Town of Windsor has several projects related to the Transportation Master Plan that are currently in development:
- Designing 7th Street and Main Street intersection improvements, including striping and minor widening that will improve northbound traffic flow. Expected project completion in 2019.
- Improving traffic flow and mitigating safety concerns at 7th Street and New Liberty Road by constructing a roundabout. Expected project completion in 2019.
- Improving traffic flow and mitigating safety concerns at Weld County Road 13 and New Liberty Road by constructing a roundabout. Expected project completion in 2019.
- Preliminary Design for the potential extension of Crossroads Boulevard from State Highway 257 to Weld County Road 23. Expected completion of design in 2019.
- Designing improvements for the intersection at State Highway 257 and Eastman Park Drive. Expected project completion in 2020.
- Designing widening improvements of State Highway 392 at Larimer County Road 5. Expected completion of design in 2019.