Municipal Court Re-Opening Plan
Municipal Court COVID-19 Protocols
The Town of Windsor is taking the appropriate measures to ensure the health and well-being of its employees and citizens. To that end, the Windsor Municipal Court is reopening with the following protocols to be observed by all entering Town Hall.
June Municipal Court dates are:
- Thursday, June 11
- Tuesday, June 16
- Thursday, June 18
As we strive to keep everyone healthy and safe, all Court processes and hearings will take longer than usual. Please be patient and mindful when appearing for court.
Information on appearing in court:
- Court will be held on the 1st floor of Town Hall. Please enter through the South entrance door and proceed to the 1st floor. The doors on the north side of the building will be locked.
- You are required to bring and wear a mask, bandana or other nose and mouth covering when inside the building.
- If you are ill or symptomatic, you will not be allowed entry. You must contact the Court Clerk for alternative options.
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all times and no more than 10 people will be allowed to comply with distancing requirements.
- For health and safety of all, it is strongly recommended only the defendant (plus one parent/guardian if the defendant is a minor), subpoenaed witness(es) and attorneys of record be allowed into the building.
- If you have minor children or companions that need to appear with you, please contact the Court Clerk for alternative options.
- No backpacks, large bags, weapons or items that can be used as weapons are allowed in the building. Please make arrangements to store your items prior to attending Court.
Court staff will continue to process cases by phone, mail, email, or other electronic means. Please call the Court Clerk to ask questions, resolve your case or have it continued. You may call the Municipal Court Clerk at 970-674-2421.
Motions, Filings, Court Requests, Proof of Class or Community Service Hours
If you have a motion, filing, court request, proof of completion of a class or community service hours, you need not physically appear if you email the documents or mail to the Court prior to your court date: Windsor Municipal Court, 301 Walnut St.Windsor, CO 80550.
Payment may be made by check, money order or credit card. A 4% convenience fee will be charged for all credit card transactions. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED. If you have a payment due, payment can still be made by phone or by mail as indicated above.
If you have an active warrant that you are trying to address, please email or call the Court Clerk who will be able to discuss options for your case(s).
Additional information on Municipal Court can be found in the Government section of our website.