Small Business Relief Fund
Many small businesses have experienced hardships due to severe COVID-19 restrictions and the State of Colorado recently passed State Bill 20B-001, appropriating funds to counties and local municipalities, such as the Town of Windsor, to provide direct relief. Eligible businesses include restaurants, bars, breweries, distilleries, wineries, movie theaters, entertainment licensed businesses, caterers and fitness clubs and recreational sports centers. All Windsor businesses that are located in Weld County and meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply through the Town of Windsor for this one-time relief payment, authorized by State Bill 20B-001. The first round of applications will be accepted through this website from Wednesday, January 6, 2021 through 5 p.m. Thursday, January 28, 2021. If funds remain, the Town will continue to accept applications after January 28th until they are exhausted. Notification of approval and award of payment will be on January 29th. Windsor businesses located in Larimer County will need to apply through Larimer County at larimer.org/sbr.
Windsor businesses located in Weld County that are currently operating and have a reduced revenue of at least 20% due to capacity restrictions from public health orders, may be eligible for funding. Funding distribution is based on revenue categories defined in the State legislation and a business is not eligible if its revenue exceeded $2,500,000 in 2019.
- Businesses with less than $500,000 in revenue (2019) may receive up to $3,500.
- Businesses with revenue between $500,000 and $1 million (2019) may receive up to $5,000.
- Businesses with revenue between $1 million and $2.5 million (2019) may receive a payment up to $7,000.
In summary, businesses must:
- Hold a current State license verifying legal operation in Colorado and be current with City, County and State taxes; Business must be in good standing with the City, County and State and not have any current unpaid code enforcement or utility lien.
- Business must follow/be compliant with public health orders.
- Locally-owned independent franchises are eligible.
- Have at least 20% revenue loss since March 26, 2020 (except businesses that began operations between January 1 and March 26, 2020).
- Have at least one full-time employee except for sole proprietorship.
- Businesses must intend to operate in the State of Colorado for at least six months after receipt of funding.
- Meet the eligibility requirements included in Senate Bill 20B-001.
Nonprofits are not eligible for this funding and additionally, businesses are considered ineligible when:
- Regular ongoing operations started after March 26, 2020.
- They are corporate-owned franchises and/or publicly traded companies.
- Located in Windsor and owned or operated by officials or employees of the Town of Windsor.
- There are outstanding local tax liabilities or tax liens as of July 1, 2020, or currently in bankruptcy (Corporate or Personal).
- They are operating in violation of State, Federal, or local laws.
The Application Process
The Town Manager or his designee shall notify each applicant of the determination of eligibility within seven (7) days of receipt of each completed application. Upon acceptance, the Town of Windsor will facilitate the equitable distribution of payment based on the terms of Senate Bill 20B-001 . Approved applicants will receive notification on January 29th. A paper check will be sent in the mail the week of February 1st. Applying for funding does not, in any way, guarantee that a business will receive it.
- Current valid State licenses are required for eligible business.
- 2019 Business State of Colorado Tax Return or a Colorado Tax Exempt Certificate. If opened between Jan 1, 2020 and March 26, 2020, income statement/receipts for all of 2020.
- Profit Loss Statement or Sales Tax receipts verifying monthly gross income from March 2019 through November or December 2020.
- Receipt from most recent payment of Unemployment Insurance Payroll Taxes.
- A copy of Certificate of Good Standing from the Colorado Secretary of State.
- Completed W-9 for your business (signed and dated).