**Notice of Road Impact Fee Adjustments Effective January 1, 2022**
Notice: The Building Permit Desk is now open to the public Monday-Thursday, closed Fridays
Notice Regarding Residential Inspections:
We are currently inspecting occupied homes but are asking the public to answer the following questions prior to scheduling. If you can answer yes to either of these questions, please consider scheduling your inspection at a later date.
1. Within the past 14 days, have you traveled or been in contact with anyone else that has traveled outside the state of Colorado and/or the country?
2. Within the past 14 days, have you or anyone else scheduled to be at the property been sick, had a fever, sore throat, felt nausea or had a cold and flu symptoms?
Online Permit Application
Effective March 19, 2020, hard copy paper building permits will no longer be accepted.
In addition to accepting applications for project permits such as re-roofing, siding, windows, furnace, etc., the Town will now be accepting new home, commercial and industrial permits online. We appreciate your patience as we roll out this new service to provide safety and convenience to our customers.
To start the process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Windsor@SAFEbuilt.com the following: Your Company Name (if applicable), your first and last name, address/company address, contact phone number, and email address. Please indicate in the email if you would like the ability to apply and pay for permits online. A personalized login will be created and instructions on how you can access to the Community Core system will be emailed to you.
Already have a system login? No problem. Simply access Community Core.
Building permit fees may paid via credit card (please note that online credit card payments will be assessed a 3% service fee), or checks may be mailed to Town of Windsor, 301 Walnut Street, Windsor, CO 80550 or dropped off in the utility bill drop box on the west side of Town Hall at 301 Walnut Street.
- How to Add a Contractor for Online Permitting
- How to Submit an Application Online
- How to Request an Inspection Online
- How to View Permit/Application Status
Download/Print Permit Application
Download the Building Permit Application Form
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Commercial Permit - Checklist (PDF)
- Commercial Tenant Finish Plan Submittal Procedure (PDF) .
- Residential Permit - Checklist (PDF).
Permit Requirements and Information
- 2020 NEC Adoption Letter - Windsor (PDF)
- 2020 NEC Significant Changes Residential (PDF)
- Update to the Adoption of the 2018 IBC with Amendments takes effect February 5, 2022 (PDF)
- Ordinance Raising the Height Limit of Accessory Structures (PDF)
- Adoption of the 2018 IBC with Amendments takes effect October 1, 2019 (PDF)
- Adopted Codes and Design Criteria (PDF)
- Single-Family Permit Construction Guidelines (PDF)
- Setback Certification Letter (PDF) and Setback Certificate (PDF)
- Fire Code Amendment - Installation of Photovoltaic Panels
- Policy Determination for Cellular Core PVC piping (PDF)
- State Electrical Permit Fees 2019 (PDF)
- 2019 - SOP Plumbing Contemporaneous Reviews (PDF)
- Plumbing License Contemporaneous Review Guidelines HB2019-1086 (PDF)
- 2019 - SOP Electrical Contemporaneous Reviews Final(PDF)
- Electrical License Contemporaneous Review Guidelines HB2019-1086 (PDF)
- Procedures for Contemporaneous Reviews - Electrical and Plumbing (PDF).
- Soil Compaction Affidavit for concrete flatwork per Section 18-3-10 (27.8) of the Windsor Municipal Code (PDF).
- SAFEbuilt Newsletter - 4th Quarter 2022
- SAFEbuilt Newsletter - 3rd Quarter 2022
- SAFEbuilt Newsletter - 2nd Quarter 2022
Helpful Permit Handouts
Additional information from SAFEbuilt on residential projects.
Estimates for Building Permit Fees
If you would like an estimate for your project please click below and chose the type of project. The required form will need to be sent to the Permit Technician and the estimate of fees will be sent to you per email, fax, or mail.