General Town Board Election Information
Regular municipal elections for the Town of Windsor are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in April of even-numbered years. All municipal elections are non-partisan. This year, election day will be Tuesday, April 2, 2024 and ballots must be received by 7 p.m.
To register to vote or to manage your voter registration please visit the Colorado Secretary of State website.
Ballots are mailed to registered electors in mid-March of the election year and can be returned by mail or placed in the County ballot drop box. In order to be counted, ballots must be received by the Town Clerk by 7pm on Election Day.
Replacement ballots must be obtained in person from the Town Clerk by 7pm on Election Day.
Candidate Qualification Summary
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible to be elected to the Office of Mayor or Board Member:
- A citizen of the United States of America;
- Candidates must be qualified (registered) voters;
- 18 years of age or older;
- A resident of the Town for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately preceding the election. At all times during their terms, Town Board Members shall reside in the District from which elected;
- No person who has been convicted of a felony shall be eligible;
- No person who is an employee of the Town of Windsor may serve as Mayor or Town Board Member;
- No person may be a candidate for both Mayor and Board Member at the same election.
In November 2007, following a citizen initiated petition, an amendment to the Home Rule Charter was passed, calling for the formation of Election Districts within the Town of Windsor. A Districting Commission established six election districts in accordance with the provisions of the Charter. Provisions include that the variance in the number of registered voters between districts shall not exceed 15%.
On September 11, 2023, the Town Board approved Ordinance 2023-1681 which revised the election boundaries within the Town of Windsor. The Districts were revised to remain in compliance with the Home Rule Charter.
Revised Voting Districts Map (PDF)