Liquor Licensing

Liquor Licensing is administered by the Town Clerk's Office. Liquor licensing involves everything from accepting liquor license applications to processing those applications and holding administrative hearings.

The liquor laws of the State of Colorado restrict the sale and dispensing of alcohol beverages. Any person intending to manufacture, sell, or deal in spirituous liquor in the State of Colorado must apply for a liquor license.

  • A new license or transfer of ownership requires a minimum of 90 to 120 days for the Town to process the application. 
  • Renewal applications need to be submitted 45 days prior to the license expiration date.
  • Special event permit applications need to be submitted 90 days prior to event.

The Town of Windsor uses an online portal for liquor licensing. The platform is hosted at Windsor MUNIRevs
To gain online access to an existing business, contact to receive account number and activate code.
To register a new business, complete the registration process at Windsor MUNIRevs
Please contact 
the Deputy Town Clerk at 970-674-2402 with any questions. State-related information is available from the Colorado Department of Revenue Liquor and Tobacco Enforcement.

While the Windsor Town Clerk’s office is available to provide some assistance in the application process, the Clerk cannot provide legal advice and cannot make any representations or assurances as to the final outcome of the process. It is certainly not essential that you seek the assistance of an attorney to guide you through this process; although you may strongly consider doing so.

In many instances, legal assistance can help you move through the process more quickly and with fewer complications.

  • All forms must be typewritten or printed in black ink. All documents must be fully executed showing required signature and dates.
  • Applications will not be considered unless all questions are fully answered (if not applicable fill in N/A). All supporting documents must be submitted and correspond exactly with the name of the applicant that appears on line two in the state application, especially on a deed or lease.
  • Items that are contingent upon receipt of the liquor license (i.e. lease of property to be licensed) should include a contingency clause worded in the documents. Attach separate sheets where necessary.
  • While the liquor license is in process, changes in application information (i.e. any changes in financial sources, corporate structure, any action taken by a law enforcement agency or litigation connected with the application), must be provided to update the information contained in the original application. The Town Clerk's Office will not process an incomplete application.
  • All applications, supporting documents, and proper license fees must be submitted to the Town Clerk through the MUNIRevs online portal.