Possibly due to COVID-19 and the changing landscape of everyday lives, the Town of Windsor has more advisory board vacancies than it has seen in recent years. Advisory board positions are volunteer positions that provide key input into town projects. Their advice provides a crucial role in governmental workings as it gives town staff a better perspective on community desires. For that reason, the Town of Windsor is actively seeking motivated, civic-minded residents to serve as advisory board members.
Applications are currently being accepted through Friday August 14, for the following advisory board positions:
- Board of Adjustment - One regular member term expiring on September 2021, two regular member terms expiring on September 2024, and an alternate member term expiring September 2022.
- Downtown Development Authority –Two regular members terms expiring in March 2024
- Historic Preservation Commission – Three regular member terms expiring respectively March 2022, March 2023 and March 2024
- Parks, Recreation & Culture - One regular member term expiring September 2024.
- Planning Commission – Three regular members terms expiring March 2024; one alternate members term expiring March 2022, one alternate members term expiring March 2023.
- Tree Board - Two regular member terms expiring September 2024. One regular member term expiring 2022. One student limited term expiring January 2021.
- Water Sewer Board – One regular member term expiring March 2022
- Windsor Housing Authority – One regular member term expiring March 2025
- Youth Advisory Board – All positions available.
Community members interested in becoming an advisory board member must submit an application by 5 p.m. Friday, August 14, 2020 with interviews scheduled shortly thereafter.
Please visit the Town of Windsor Boards & Commissions web page for an application and for additional information about the different advisory boards, past agenda and meeting minutes. Submit completed applications to: Karen Frawley, Town Clerk, Town of Windsor, 301 Walnut Street, Windsor, CO 80550, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, please contact Frawley at 970-674-2404.