Windsor Utility customers are invited to participate in the 2021 Spring Clean-Up event May 14 and 15 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will be held at the Public Services facility, 922 N. 15th St., and is limited to Windsor Utility customers. The event is free to attend, but an original voucher is required to participate and must be redeemed at the time of participation. Vouchers will be included in the April Windsor Utility bill. Photocopied vouchers will not be accepted.
New this year, the Town of Windsor is providing electronic recycling. Recycling will be handled by Schaefer Enterprises, Inc., an organization offering a wide range of services to people with disabilities and business owners throughout northern Colorado.
At the event, residents will turn in their original voucher and then they’ll be guided to drive up and drop-off their materials at corresponding stations. Residents will be responsible for unloading their own items at each station.
One voucher is available to each Windsor Utility household and can be redeemed for one carload drop off at the event. If the voucher is misplaced, residents can bring valid identification such as a driver’s license to Windsor’s Town Hall, 301 Walnut St., during regular business hours for a replacement.
Accepted items include:
- General household trash
- Organic materials such as yard and garden waste, branches, tree limbs up to four inches in diameter and grass clippings
- Scrap metal
- Small furniture (no mattresses or large couches)
- Indoor appliances such as stoves, ovens, washers, dryers, dishwashers, microwaves
- Vehicle tires without rims
- Laptops, computers, keyboards, cell phones, tablets and servers
- Flat screen TVs and monitors
- Small printers and copiers
The following items cannot be accepted at the Spring Clean-Up event:
- General household mixed recycling (paper, glass, cardboard etc.)
- Hazardous waste
- Propane tanks and gas cylinders
- Refrigerators or other appliances containing Freon
- Construction debris (dirt, cement, pavers)
- Wooden pallets
- Animal carcasses
- CRT TVs and monitors
- Projector style TVs
- Large copiers
The Windsor Utility Clean-Up event is typically held bi-annually to help provide utility customers an easy way to dispose of around-the-house waste. At the fall 2020 event, over 160 yards of grass, mulch and wood chips were recycled and 29 tons of household trash was removed.
In addition to the clean-up event, Windsor Utility Customers can receive a one-time annual reimbursement up to $10 for responsible yard waste recycling at any time during the year. Additional details about the town’s yard waste recycling program are available at windsorgov.com/Recycling.
For more information about the Town of Windsor Utilities, visit windsorgov.com/utilities.