Windsor’s volunteer boards and commissions have long-served an important role in local government as members help guide staff regarding various taxpayer projects and initiatives. Each advisory board and commission serves a specific purpose but they all rely on the active participation of members to provide input into Town of Windsor happenings. For instance, the Tree Board discusses local issues in forestry management but they also host various popular events throughout the year such as tree sales and sick tree day. Windsor’s Water and Sewer Board learns about, researches and votes on water and sewer issues impacting the town. Members of the Planning Commission review applications submitted for development review which helps town staff with land use planning.
Applications are currently being accepted through 5 p.m. Friday, May 6, for the following:
• Downtown Development Authority has 2 regular 4 year terms expiring June 2026
• Board of Adjustments has 1 regular 4 year term expiring September 2025
• Historic Preservation Commission has 1 alternate 3 year term expiring March 2025
• Planning Commission has 1 alternate 4 year term expiring March 2027
• Tree Board has 1 alternate 4 year term expiring September 2025
To learn more and apply, visit https://windsorgov.com/243/Boards-Commissions-Vacancies. All positions require residency within the Town of Windsor and some positions require a particular area of experience or vocation. Interviews to fill vacant positions will be scheduled shortly after the application deadline.
For additional information, please contact Karen Frawley, town clerk, at 970-674-2404.