The Town of Windsor will begin Lakeview Cemetery decoration clean up Wednesday, March 1.
To help maintain Lakeview Cemetery’s park-like beauty, lot owners are respectfully asked to remove burial site decorations by February 28. Items not removed will be disposed of by cemetery staff on March 1.
The public is invited to place decorations at burial sites within the cemetery’s parameters, which allow for proper grounds maintenance:
- The placement of any perennial, shrub, evergreen, trees or rose bush is prohibited. The town reserves the right to remove any overgrown or unapproved plantings.
- Sprays and wreaths made from fresh-cut flowers are allowed, but will be removed within two weeks or, in the cemetery technician’s opinion, when they become unsightly or detrimental.
- Artificial sprays and wreaths are allowed from May 1 through June 20, as well as December 1 through March 1. The cemetery technician will remove all artificial sprays and wreaths when they become unsightly.
- The town is not liable for lots, misplaced or broken flower vases, or for damage done by the elements, thieves, vandals or by causes beyond its control.
- The town reserves the right to regulate the method of decorating lots and has the right to remove any decoration so that a uniform beauty may be maintained.
Gravesite decoration regulations are posted at the cemetery and on the cemetery page.
For more information on Lakeview Cemetery, contact the Town of Windsor at 970-674-2400 or visit the cemetery page.