The Town of Windsor is seeking applicants to fill the Town Board District 2 vacancy now through Wednesday, May 10.
District 2 Town Board Member Christian Morgan announced his resignation from the Town Board on March 20, effective June 5. The resignation will create a vacancy for Election District 2, and the Town Board determined to fill the vacancy by appointment, as outlined in the Town of Windsor Home Rule Charter. The selected appointee will serve until the regular municipal election, which will be held April 3, 2018.
Residents interested in applying to represent District 2 must submit a letter of interest and application to the Town Clerk; letters and applications must be received by the Town Clerk no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 10. The Town Board anticipates announcing its selection at the June 12 Town Board meeting.
Residents interested in applying for the vacant seat must meet the requirements as outlined in the Windsor town charter:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a registered elector of the town
- Be a resident of the Town of Windsor for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the election/appointment, and have continuously resided in the district from which he or she is to be elected (District 2) for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the election. At all times during their terms, Town Board members shall reside in the district from which elected/appointed. The Election District Map can be found on the Town Board page.
- Have not been convicted of a felony
- Cannot be an employee of the town
Letters of interest should include the applicant’s name, a statement of interest for the position and a declaration that the applicant meets the requirements outlined above. Letters of interest and completed applications must be received by the Town Clerk no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 10, through a variety of means, including hand delivery, U.S. Mail, email or fax to:
Patti Garcia, Town Clerk
Town of Windsor
301 Walnut Street
Windsor, CO 80550
Email: [email protected]
Application forms can be downloaded online.
Applicants are encouraged to review the Town of Windsor Home Rule Charter to familiarize themselves with the structural and ethical framework within which elected officials serve the town.
More information can be found on the Town Board page or by contacting the Town Clerk’s office at 970-674-2400.